Friday, October 17, 2008

Armour

I can't believe it has been a month again since I posted. I am in a very busy season in my life right now, and although I apologize for my delays in posting I don't apologize. Oh now don't take that the wrong way. You know the truth in Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a purpose under the heaven." well this is a season of many things both inside and outside the home, most of which involve my earthly children and I pray the Lord allows me to absorb all the details of this season because I know one thing it won't last forever. SO - I miss you but ...

I did want to share a truth the Lord has shown me recently. This year has been an amazing year with my students at school. I have seen students display servant leadership like never before. I have seen students devote themselves to prayer like never before and I have seen the spirit of the Lord move powerfully on our campus like never before. But, I have also seen disappointing behaviors, disrespect, actions, reactions and words that do not honor the Lord. Why do I share that with you? I have been reminded more than once recently the truth in Ephesians 6:11-12. "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world,against spiritual wickedness in high places."

There is a war. I, and all believers, need more than ever to have our -
  • breastplate of righteousness
  • shield of faith
  • helmet of salvation
  • sword of the spirit, which is the word of God
  • loins girted with truth
  • feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace (Ephesians 6:14 - 17)

I so thankful the Lord gave us this armour - all we need to do it put it on. How many times not putting on my armour is why I feel defeated by 10am!

Before this passage Paul wrote in this letter to the Ephesians he said in verse 10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might." It begins and ends and is complete "in the Lord"!

Have you been disappointed lately? Have you been defeated? Have tears streamed down your face as you have watched God's children hurt others and maybe even you with their words, actions & reactions?

Put on your armour sister! Call on the name of the Lord through prayer!

Lord, these are desperate times in the lives of your children. Thank you for our armour which is all compassing in you. Quicken our spirits to the tactics of the enemy and protect us. May this battle remind us we are pilgrims only passing through. There are times lately I feel wounded by the enemy but that just makes me long for home even more. I love you! Amen.

2 comments:

Brett's box turtles said...

Mika,

How true! I have definitely been able to tell a difference in my days when I am not wearing my armour. I do pray for us all to have strength in the Lord!

I love you!
Paige

Jean said...

Yes! Thank You, Lord, for this armour. We discussed it last Sunday in our Life Group!

Now, if I would just take the time to slip into it each morning I'd be a lot better off, wouldn't I?

Blessings,
Jean