- my pool bag for a book bag
- the picnic basket for a lunch box
- waking up on my own for waking to the roar of an alarm clock
- a lounge chair for a desk chair
- Roller coasters at Carowinds for van rides between school, home and football practice
- an empty calendar to a full one!
It is not easy trading. I like the things I traded in. I love the freedom that summer holds. I love spontaneous road trips, playing with my kids, spending lots of time with friends, cook outs, catching up on my scrapbook, reading a good book till midnight, staying up late and sleeping later. I almost find myself grieving the end of summer.
But -
I love teaching, my students, the wonderful friends I have at school, Christian education. I know I am fulfilling God's call on my life in my role as a teacher. I am humbled and thrilled to be at the school God has placed me. My children are receiving an amazing God centered education.
So Why?
Because I have have more than one calling on my life. I have been called to teach. I have been called to be a wife and I have been called to be a Mom.
Where is the balance?
"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth
of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a
basket, or withed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?...The
Lord is the everlasting God. the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not
grow tired or weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:
12,28b-29
GOD HOLDS THE BALANCE!
He is creator and sustainor! He created me in His imagine and He place in me the passion to be a loving wife, caring mother and prepared teacher. I know that when I am fully committed to Christ He will keep my life in balance.
I must trust Him. I must follow Him. I can't lean on my own understanding. I must ask the Lord to show me the rocks that He wants me to carry in my wagon and not pick up those He didn't ordain. I must pray without ceasing. I must listen to His voice and follow His commands.
Lord, I thank you for the truth of your word that tells of your faithfulness, your power, your sovereignty and your love. I know it is your desire for me to serve you in all the ways you have ordained and I completely commit myself to you. Please hold my life and responsibilities in balance so that no area suffers and you receive Glory in every part of my life. I love you, Amen.



1 comment:
I love your word-picture of rocks in your wagon. Yep, some of us find it all too easy to pick up every rock along the road. But,then, we realize we can't pull the thing behind us!
Have a wonderful year at school, dear Mika. And thank you for my copy of your beautiful book.
Blessings,
Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com
Post a Comment