Someone I love dearly is waking this morning hurt, sad and disappointed. Over the past few weeks doors were opened, positive conversations shared, phone calls were made about the exciting thing God appeared to be doing in his life and then without warning and much surprise the door was shut!
How can it be? Didn't everything point in that direction? Everything was coming together - right?
I know what that feels like and it hurts. But this morning I also know what it feels like to be the helpless bystander. I wish I could fix it. I wish I could say something profound to take this disappointment away.
No one could say anything to me when I was in the midst of disappointment. But I remember how close the Lord was to me. I remember how tight I held God's word to my broken heart. I remember even though in ways it was God who disappointed me, He was there to carry me and lavish compassion and grace on me. I remember those were the most intimate days of communion with the Lord that I have ever experienced.
So - I have hope for your Jonathan. God will be close. He will speak to you. He will comfort you. He will sustain you. He will care for you. He will lead you. He will provide for you. He is good and He can be trusted!
"Trust in the Lord with all thins heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
God spoke to Moses in a burning bush. God told Noah to build an ark when rain wasn't in the dictionary. God said walk around that wall 7 times. God said Gideon's army was too big. God told Abraham to sacrifice his promised son. God led Esther to put her life in danger. Etc...
Lord, there are so many times in our lives that we are confused, disappointed and hurt. Times that make no sense and the purpose it not seen. Lord in those times may we draw close to you as you care for us. May we trust you completely knowing your character is good, your love endures forever and your plans are to prosper us and not to harm us. Complete your work in our lives. I lift up my dear brother and sister in law to you today. I love you, Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Amen! I know the pain of disappointment, too. How comforting to remember that God does heal.
Blessings,
Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogsot.com
Post a Comment