Saturday was a busy day. I had the washer swishing, the dishwasher humming and radio playing and I was once again cleaning. (It sounds like that is all I ever do - it really isn't) I was cleaning out the pantry! It is amazing how things get in the back of the pantry and fall off into a pit only to be discovered years later.
Well after that project I was off to buy my oldest nephew a birthday present (Happy Birthday Christopher) and pick up Billy as he had spent the night with Papaw Mike. I was at a stop light on Hwy. 74 on my way to Marshville when a man on a motorcycle pulled up beside me and told me I had a flat tire! I couldn't believe it - I have been driving for years and I didn't even notice.
I immediately pulled over into a gas station and dialed my Daddy on my cell phone! The choice was to call Dion or Daddy and Daddy was closer. I know how to change a tire but this was one of those times when I just need one of the faithful men in my life to come to my rescue.
While I was dialing Daddy the man on the motorcycle rode up beside me. I got out of the van and he said he would but air in my tire and I should make it to Marshville. I told him I was calling Daddy but, he insisted. He asked me to pull the van closer to the air pump but as soon as the air went in we could hear it escaping. He, without hesitation, opened the trunk and began looking for my spare tire. I continued telling him he didn't have to do this but said if I was his daughter he would want someone to stop and help me and he was the one to help. I thanked him profusely and in no time was on my way.
I don't know his name but he went from a man sharing the same road with me to a vessel of the Lord's kindness and provision. I went from a Mom on a busy Saturday to a person in need. As I got back on the road and began thanking the Lord for putting that man in my path to help me I was struck with an odd feeling of being a child. I felt young. I know that sounds strange but I felt like a kid who needed help and my heavenly father was watching and caring for me. I was reminded that no matter how old I get and unfortunately how independent I get the Lord still sees me as a child in need. He watches over me and I am so thankful. I was also reminded of His kindness just like the kindness of that stranger to stop!
Paul said "God's kindness leads you repentance" in Romans 2:4b
Lord, Thank you for the kindness shown through your servant Saturday. Thank for your kindness that leads me to repentance when my own strength seems strong enough and my agenda becomes the only agenda. Lord may I walk closely to you following your path. I love you! Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Mika,
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm so excited to have found yours. I could not believe how much your kids have grown up. I also noticed that you listed the blog, Bring the Rain. I have been reading that one for a long time and often think of you. Have you met her?
It is good to hear from you Melanie. Dawn Lucas actually led me to Bring the Rain and like yourself I have followed her journey. It is hard because I can remember so vividly feeling the same as Angie yet I also see the work of healing the Lord has done. I haven't met her but have prayed for her! I know the Lord will be faithful to her as He has been to me! He can be trusted especially when we don't have all the answers. We walk by faith and not by sight.
Thanks for stopping by Melanie - I hope to hear from you again soon. I will be stopping by your blog!
How often, the Bible says, do we entertain angels though we are unaware of them?
Sounds like you entertained an angel of a person. PTL!
Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com
Mika, I came over to your blog from Jean's. What a wonderful story of our Father's love for us -- great post!
Cheryl - thank you for visiting and leaving a message. I never dreamed until I began this blog journey that the Lord would use it to meet new sisters in Christ and how much I would enjoy seeing that comment number increase.:)I read your blog as well and enjoyed it immensenly. Blessings new friend!
Post a Comment