Monday, June 30, 2008

The Appointed Time

November 21, 1972 - the appointed time for me to breathe my first breath.

June 1, 1990 - the appointed time for my high school graduation.

August 14, 1993 - the appointed time for my dear husband and I to wed.

December 14, 1997 - the appointed time for my name to change to Mommy as my first baby was born.

January 15, 1999 - the appointed time for my husband and I to sign our names on a dotted line that gave us a mortgage :) and a lovely home for our family.

January 19, 2000 - the appointed time to wrap my arms around my second born - Rebecca Kay.

November 19, 2003 - the appointed time for the Lord to give us the name for our baby girl through tears as she was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect.

April 23, 2004 - the appointed time for Maeghan's birth - full term, pretty and pink!

June 1, 2004 - the appointed time for the Lord to take compassion on my baby girl and heal her completely, perfectly, and for all eternity in his presence.

June 18, 2007 - the appointed time for my last tiny baby to enter heaven before I could see it's face.

July 7, 2007 - the appointed time for the Lord to show me dolphins splashing all around and bring great healing and refreshing into my heart.

May 27, 2008 - the appointed time for the Lord to use Isaiah 43 to communicate intimately with me through his love letter once again.

June 30, 2008 - today - the appointed time for me to reflect over just a few appointed times in my life thus far. Times of great joy and times of tremendous sorrow. Times I felt my happiness would surely keep me floating forever and times where I thought the heaviness of my broken heart would never lift. Through all these appointed times the Lord has listened, refined, helped, cared, provided, blessed and most of all loved me.

"You will arise and have compassion on Zion, for it is time to show favor to her; the appointed time has come." Psalm 102:13

Lord, thank you for all the appointed times in my past and in my future. I rest in the truth that you will be faithful for every appointed time. I pray tonight for my dear friend (CD) and the appointed time in her life tomorrow morning, please bless and keep her. I love you! Amen.

1 comment:

Jean said...

"But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me." Psalm 31:14-15 NIV

Blessings, dear Mika.

Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com